Saturday, April 5, 2014

My first ipsy bag!

Hey y'all!  I'm not sure if you have heard about ipsy, if you haven't let me let you in on a great little secret.. these $10 monthly makeup bags are so cute and so affordable.  I live in a small town in Mississippi over an hour from any makeup specialty store, and I'm too impatient to order online, so this is a great way to get a surprise in my mailbox once a month!

Once you subscribe to ipsy you take a quiz that asks your makeup likes and dislikes, skin color, type of skin to fit your personality.

You can take a peek below at my March ipsy bag!

First, each month's makeup comes in a fun bag that can be reused in a million ways!  I'm just thinking of the ways that I can save these to use in my classroom, sight words, pencils, sanitizer, emergency bag with a class list and parent phone numbers to grab and go, flash card storage, I mean the possibilities are really endless..



Next, here are the 4 products that I received...


My most favorite products are the pixi face primer and the bareMinerals lipstick.  Let me tell you, I hate lipstick.  I think that it comes from dancing for so long when I was little and the bright red lips that came along with it, but I'm more of a chapstick, lip gloss kinda girl.  This lipstick is such a natural color and is the perfect accent on my lips!  The pixi primer has also helped keep my make up on longer throughout the day, which has been so helpful!  

The eye shadow kit is also a wonderful addition to the collection that I had already.  These are such bright and bold colors, I'm so excited to use them this summer! 

Normally I am a huge fan of nail polish, but this one from Nicole by OPI really missed the mark for me.  This new trend of the roughless is just not for me.  This nail polish dries and feels and looks rough, and the wet/shiny look is just something that I am a bigger fan of, some little girl in my class will really enjoy this find in the prize box so soon :) 



Once you have received your items, you go back to the ipsy website and rate all of the items that they sent to you, so that ipsy knows their hits and misses and can better tailor your bag to you!  You can also retake your quiz at any point to change your likes and dislikes, which is also fun to try out different products.


If you think that you want to join ipsy you can do so here at my referral link, to get started today!  My favorite part is that you can cancel at any time.  You can try it out for 2-3 months and if you don't like it, you can cancel.  I currently am really looking forward to this month's bag!




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Ipsy!!! I have been subscribing for a few months now and this is month was my favorite bag as well as products.
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete